Enjoying Lady Q's

If you live in the Utah County area and are interested in ordering sweets or cakes from me, please contact me via email at leisl.cope@gmail.com.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Big Fat LATE Wedding post...

In all my slackness, I have also failed to post the two wedding cakes I have done over the past few months.  Go ahead and take a gander now...


This cake was mostly the creation of my sweet mother.  I helped with the detail work on the top and bottom layers as well as with the flower topper.  I brushed the white mum with blue food coloring, and likewise tipped the white roses with red, to add a little pop of color.  The silver beads are edible and the cake is covered in marshmallow fondant.  




 This beauty was for my darling friend Alice's wedding just this past weekend.  Her theme was "Gatsby" with a flair of art deco.  This is a vanilla cake, covered in marshmallow fondant.  The top and bottom layers were colored mint green, while the center layer had to be sprayed with edible gold paint to achieve that color.  The detail work on the top and bottom layers is done with a gold dust paint.  The dust is generally used to accent frosting, but when mixed with lemon extract creates a great edible paint good for detail.  The cakes is surrounded by a gold and diamond trim, with a tulle bow at the top.


1 comment:

Catherine Parkinson said...

I love them both. Well done